Mushroom, Leek and Spinach Cottage Pie (Serves 2 bigs and 1 small)
Tonight’s dinner was inspired by a post we saw on @feeding
.theo page a few days ago. Their’s looked so delicious we wanted to give something similar a go ourselves!
- 2 leeks, finely chopped
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 500g chestnut mushrooms (approx two punnets)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup almond milk (for mushroom mix)
- 1 cup almond milk (for potato mash)
- 5 medium russet potatoes - 2 tbsp olive oil
Salt and chilli for bigs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees - Sauté garlic and leeks in a pan on medium heat for approx 5mins until softened.
- Add mushrooms and herbs, and continue to cook until all moisture has gone, approx 10-15mins.
- Remove from the heat and add spinach and almond milk. Mix well. - Place in baking dish, cover with mashed potato and bake for 20mins until golden.
Mash Recipe - Boil potatoes until cooked (approx 15mins), peel and mash. Add olive oil and almond milk, stir until desired consistency.