Post Two of the Calmness by Design© Series
Writing thoughts / feelings / ideas etc on paper / computer / notes on phone / etc can help to bring formation to and retrieve what seems to be floating around in the abstract recesses of the mind!
Writing can help bring about objectivity and recognition of where you are with your feelings and emotions! It can also help to provide an avenue to explore and cope and change and let go!
Writing can help to bring tangibility to the underlying reasons behind anxiousness / uncertainty / tension / etc. It can help to get negative thoughts out of your head. It can help to calm and clear the mind which in turn brings calmness to the body.
Possible writing prompts to write about when trying to clear out the mind: · Your Worries
· Your Concerns
· Your Fears
· Vent your negativities
· What’s happening right now in your life
· The unknown of the future
· Unexpected changes
Things to remember: · Let your pen flow
· Don’t worry about punctuation / sentence structure etc
· There’s no right or wrong
· Pick the style that works for you ... you can list / paragraph / essay / map / graph / grid etc
· Utilize the avenue that works for you ... pen and paper / type on computer / type on notes on your phone / etc
· Nobody else is reading what you write ... only you ... so let it ALL OUT
Once you are finished, LET IT GO ... don’t bottle it up inside and hold on to it anymore! You can take the paper and shred it or tear it up and trash it or crumple it up and throw it away etc. Whatever avenue you choose, the main thing is to LET IT GO!
Speak this over yourself out loud:
· I let go of all that was written
· I move forward with calmness and confidence
This information is being shared as educational and informative only and not intended to pre-empt or mitigate medical advice.
Standing together ... giving back ... helping each other!
Stand strong ...
Never give up ...
Never give in ... Hugs!!
Leah : )