Monday everyone! 🎉
Today we've got a detoxifying Ayurvedic Kitcahari recipe for you that also is really delicious! 😍
🍚Did you know that Mung Dal is rich in B group vitamins and well as folic acid which can help you improve your brain function and protect you from Alzheimer's Disease?
🌱1/2 cup mung dal
🌱1/2 cup basmati rice
🌱2 cups of diced vegetables such as broccoli, sweet potato, 🌱red pepper, squash, courgettes
🌱2 handfuls of fresh spinach
🌱2 tbsp ghee
🌱Juice of 1 lime
🌱2 garlic cloves
🌱Spices: fenugreek, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, ground cumin, ground coriander, turmeric (you can also add curry powder)
🌱Greek yoghurt and coriander to serve
1. Heat the pan and add ghee
2. Add onion and garlic and fry until soft
3. Add diced vegetables and spices, mix well
4. In the meantime, rinse your rice and mung dal well ( at least3-4 times)
5. Add rice and mind dal to the pan and mix well
6. Add enough boiling water to cover the dish
7. Turn down the heat and cover the pan
8. Simmer for around 30 minutes and stir often. Make sure to top up the water if needed.
9. Once the rice and mung dal is soft and done, toss in the spinach and take off the heat.
10. Add the lime juice and mix well
11. Serve with coriander and greek yoghurt!