1. I learned that when I walk into a room I should not wonder if people like me but if I like the people in it, instead. Life gets easier when you stop searching for approval. Believe in your standards. You don't have to like everybody to be a good person. Do you.
2. Be a little bit secretive. Don't tell everyone, everything that happens to your life. Sometimes people just want to know what happens because they're curious, not because they care.
3. Words have the power to destroy and heal. Choose them carefully. Choose to talk more about the things you like than the things you hate. It's good for your own health.
4. Treat everyone in a nice way. Don't forget to use the words good morning, thank you, and please. Give a genuine compliment. If you're too shy, start complimenting people in your head, observe them and find something you really like. Make the people you meet realize they are important. But remember, that doesn't mean you have to be friends with everybody. This is not possible. Friendship is not only about having a good time together but intimacy, trust and spiritual connections. That's in a deeper level.
5. Take care of yourself. This may sound cliche but treat yourself like best friend. Pamper yourself. Reward yourself when you accomplish something. Tease and make fun of yourself. Laugh at yourself (it's very attractive). Talk to yourself, it's therapeutic. Take care of your body, this is the only body you have til you die. Take time of your day to have fun alone. Learn to be alone, if you are an extrovert because eventually you'll not have people around. Invest time and money in your passions. Listen to what your heart screams for. Observe yourself like you're out of your body and get to know yourself, you'll realize that if you can be compassionate to others you should be gentle to you too.